Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bear Tooth Necklace

Sorry i haven't posted in almost a month but ive been busy and lets just say putting it off so I'm gonna post two things today.

Ive always been a fan of animal tooth necklaces, I don't know what it is but its just cool. Anyway this is a necklace of a bear tooth i made and its from a Black bear skull that my father got from a taxidermist one year and i decided to make a necklace out of it. you'd fool me if you told me it is easy to remove a tooth from a skull but then I'd be a fool because this my friend is no easy thing. I melted three metal engraving bits on it and used up two hours of the night but it turned out nice.


As you can see below what i did was drill a tiny hole through the tooth the put a long piece of copper wire through it but as i put it through i also attached a little wound piece on for a loop. Anyway after putting it through i carefully wrapped the wire around the tooth and then twisted the leftovers with the original end sticking out and then put the whole thing on a piece of leather.

No comments: